If you are planning your first trip to Paris Disneyland then here is a short overview of the park for you. Spread across 140 acres, this is one of the places where the whole family would love to spend time. Everyone who sets foot in this magical land located in Marne-la-Vallée walks away with tonnes of memories to carry for a lifetime.
Euro Disney came into existence in the year 1992. The theme park got its new name Disneyland Resort Paris in the year 1994. The park reached its 100 million visitor count in the year 2001. The grand 25th-anniversary celebration of Disneyland Paris consisted of various special events including the star-studded parade.
Few interesting facts
- Today Disneyland Paris is the 13th most visited theme parks of the world. It is also the most visited theme park in Europe.
- According to Forbes, the Disneyland hotel located at the premises of Disneyland Paris, “became the largest five-star property in France and the only one on-site at Disneyland Paris” in the year 2012. This has been a significant contributor to Europe’s tourism industry.
- As the Marvel fans around the world are increasing Disneyland has announced that it would soon be opening a Marvel-themed land. The images released by the theme park are phenomenal.
When you are at Paris Disneyland the two main theme parks to cover are the Walt Disney Studios Park and Disneyland Park.
Disneyland Park comprises 5 different lands to explore. This includes
- Main Street, U.S.A
In all of these lands put together, there are 40 different attractions. Here are some of the most popular ones-
- Adventure Isle
- Alice’s Curious Labyrinth
- Big Thunder Mountain
- It’s a small world
Besides these, there are also other experiences to check out like-
- An encounter with Darth Vader
- Disney performing arts program
- Disney Stars on Parade
Currently, there are 13 such entertainment experiences. These take you through the actual Disney experience of your favorite movies and shows.
Besides these, there are various shows and entertainment options added on a seasonal basis. There are various daytime and night-time attractions to check out as well. Throughout the year there is always something new brewing.
Walt Disney Studios Park
If you are interested in knowing what happens behind the stage then this is a place you cannot miss. There are 12 attractions to check out and 12 other experiences offered in this park as well. This is where you experience some behind the screen secrets from your favorite movies.
Getting to Paris Disneyland via Paris Disney transfer
- You can get to this theme park via plane by choosing from more than 500 daily flight options. This park is served by Orly Airport and Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- The Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station is merely a 2-minute walk away from Disneyland Paris.
- If you are traveling by car, the theme park is around 32km away from Paris city center.
You can book Paris Private Shuttle transfer service and other cab options as well.
There are plenty of dining places in both parks. However, it is a good idea to look for booking a table in advance. You also have the option to choose your meal time in advance.
Choosing on-site accommodation is one of the most convenient options. This ensures that you do not waste too much time or energy in commute. There are plenty of accommodation options including the Victorian-themed Disneyland Hotel. When you choose accommodation within the campus you would have the freedom to explore the park till the closing time. You can conveniently head back to your room soon after. Besides this, there are 14 other accommodation options which are located close by. The Art Of Marvel is all set to reopen in the year 2020.
Following are the types of tickets you can easily purchase from the website-
- Multi-day ticket – this allows unlimited access to both the parks on a single day
- 1-day ticket-
- Super & Ultimate FASTPASS- this allows quick access to certain attractions. This is useful during summers and other times where the park is extra-crowded.
- 1 Day ticket with the shuttle- this is for those who like to take a shuttle and arrive directly from the city to the theme park.
If you would like to take things slow and explore each of the parks it is better to stick with the 1-day ticket. On most days a single day is not enough to cover all the attractions.